Sarah's Thoughts

Friday, July 07, 2006

Lastest Project

I've been working on a fitted slipcover for my hand-me-down chair (it's had 4 previous owners that I know of, and I don't know where the first got it from.) I want to document the process and post it here, but it's taking longer than I thought so I'll start with what I have.

This is what the chair looks like. It's a little ratty looking and if you look closely you can see stains (it might be hard to see, it's stained pretty much everywhere) especially on the top at the back. The arms are a little weird which is why I've decided to do it "jacket style" with a zipper going up the back; I think that'll be the easiest way. I'm making it removable so it can be easily washed.




I hope to have the next segment up soon.

1 Comments:

  • Nice project! The chair has good style and bones - too nice to toss.

    Um, if this works out, could you make some slipcovers for me? See, I've got these kids and a giant dog...

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8:21 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home