Sarah's Thoughts

Saturday, May 13, 2006

3. Creating



I love to create. Whether it's cooking, sewing, reading, writing, taking photographs, scrapbooking, or talking to people, I like to create. I feel that is our purpose, that the way to find happiness is through creativity. Destruction brings sadness, anger, and bitterness.
People often tell me that I'm very "domestic." I often find myself compared to Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart, or June Cleaver (I think it's the apron and heels) and I think there's a reason. I find that the things I like to create, my hobbies, involve doing things to please others. I am a people pleaser. I don't mean that I'm a doormat, I mean that making other people happy is what makes me happiest. I love to cook, but I hate to cook for myself; I have a "need to feed." (I've been told that my husband will be fat. I'm not sure if it was a compliment.) Every now and again I have to invite someone over to eat, whether it's my sister, my home teachers or even someone I hardly know, I feel like I have to feed someone or I will go crazy. I recently made a quilt for my brother's birthday and I haven't done anything recently that made me as happy as sewing a blanket for my baby. It made me happy because it will make him happy, and knowing he's happy is a wonderful thing.

2 Comments:

  • Not your Dad's sewing machine, I am guessing.

    Your blogs are very creative, so I am not surprised to hear that you enjoy creating. This blog is a wonderful scrapbook.

    I just wrote a long comment on your April Fool's blog, but I'm afraid you won't notice it because it goes back a ways.

    Keep on blogging. You're going to realize that you aren't as shy as you think you are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM, May 28, 2006  

  • I love the picture! I'm sure at some point I baked cornbread while wearing heels, but not lately. Glad somebody's keeping the dream alive:)
    And you're right on about the music. For me, the hardest part is just "flipping the switch" -- if I can drag myself out of the doldrums enough to pick a CD and put it on, the battle is half won.
    Keep blogging, Sarah (and baking, and making those quilts.) There are WAY worse things than being a 'people pleaser' -- just so you always keep a wary eye out for that doormat danger.
    Have a happy day...

    Betsy from Dave's Blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 AM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home