Sarah's Thoughts

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Part II


I took measurements, drew diagrams, and redrew plans with seam allowances and hems included. I used those to make the pattern.

I drew the pattern on Hallmark wrapping paper for three reasons:
1. It's big enough to draw the pieces out on
2. It's thinner than butcher paper
and the biggest reason I used Hallmark brand paper?
3. It has a 1" grid on the back, which makes it SO much easier to transfer the plans from the diagram to full-size pattern pieces

Then I cut out the pieces. Right now I'm working on sewing the pieces together and figuring out how I want to embellish the boring blue. I'm currently thinking about sewing on stripes of white grossgrain ribbon, but I'm not sure where or how many or if I really want to do that or not. We'll see.

1 Comments:

  • Sarah, you're so talented! In jr. high I had to take home-ec (it was that or diesel mechanics - *snork*)and I did just fine when we had to cook. Sewing, on the other hand...let's just say I got very proficient in the art of ripping. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home