Sarah's Thoughts

Sunday, July 30, 2006

RIP Prince Charming


You might have already heard, but my fish passed away last Monday. When I got home from my trip that afternoon I saw that his tank was full of water but missing a fish. I just assumed he had died (he was over 18 months old!) but this afternoon I heard the rest of the story.
Prince Charming was alive and swimming when my roommates left for school and work that morning, just as every morning, but when J got home a few hours later everything had changed. She and a friend, A, were talking when she noticed something dark on the floor. It looked like a fake fish, but they didn't know how it would have gotten there so decided to have a closer look. A picked it up and made the shocking discovery: it had a fish face! (apparently other than the face he didn't look much like a fish) They both looked up. There was no fish swimming in the tank on the shelf! They looked back at the fish in A's hand and knew it was Prince Charming. I don't know why he felt he had to end his life, but I will miss him.



...by the way, I'm getting a new fish tomorrow and have no idea what to call him (I didn't name PC, and the fish I did name I called Fish, so I need a little help) Any suggestions would be appreciated (as long as they're family/Sarah J friendly!)


UPDATE- I got a new fish and he is a beautiful, deep blue. He seems to enjoy his new (much larger) space and is very active. He doesn't have a name.

ALARMING UPDATE- He won't eat! Any ideas on how to get him to eat?


YAY! He ate!! He doesn't have a name, but he's eating now

SUPER LATE UPDATE: he's had a name for a few weeks, my brother and I decided on Phinneas ("like Phinneas Nigellus or Phinneas Gage!" he said) and he'll be Phinn for short. YAY!

2 Comments:

  • Sorry about Prince C. It seems so ridiculous that the death of a fish could upset a person but I know from experience that it does.

    I had many, many goldfish as a kid, two at a time. They died frequently even though I really did take good care of them. One lived less than 2 hours after I bought him/her. My guess is that they have expiration dates.

    Most of my fish were named Smiley. Very G-rated and cute!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 6:29 PM, July 31, 2006  

  • Your fish is anorexic?

    Or maybe depressed. Maybe you need to find some way to make it feel better about itself.

    I really don't know anything about fish.

    By Blogger Steven, at 9:27 PM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home