Sarah's Thoughts

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Crafts!

I really wish I had a picture to go with this item I actually read in a serious magazine (from the 1970s) Maybe I'll have to make one just to have pictures for next year:

Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey. Spray paint gold, turn upside down and use as a sleigh to hold Christmas Cards.

EEEEEWWWW!

I think the point of blanching it is to remove as much of the hanging flesh as possible, but I could be wrong. My family always has a turkey for Christmas, so maybe I'll blanch the carcass (or make turkey stock as usual, but pull the carcass out before it has totally fallen apart)

Thanks to R. Simmons (not Richard!) for sharing this lovely magazine entry with me.

3 Comments:

  • you're right. that's the funniest thing i've read all day. i will definitely try that (not). I can't imagine how blanching the carcas prepares it for display, it would be all floppy with bits of flesh hanging off it, which, painted gold, would be really, really funny in an Addams family sort of way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM, December 19, 2006  

  • Yeah, removing the flesh is the probably the idea. I'd hate to use a turkey carcass as a Christmas-card holder without removing all of the flesh.

    Or, actually, even after removing all of the flesh.

    Happy Christmas!

    By Blogger Steven, at 9:06 PM, December 19, 2006  

  • Merry Christmas, Sarah! I wish you the very very best in the new year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM, December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home