Sarah's Thoughts

Monday, April 03, 2006

Shhh . . . . . . . It's a Secret


I am secretly married and pregnant. Just kidding. But, not. I've been on a baby blanket crocheting kick since Saturday. My sister asked who's babies the blankets were for and I said, "I don't know. Maybe mine." Her friend said, "yeah, didn't you know your sister's pregnant?" "I'm also secretly married," I added. I even wore a ring for part of the afternoon.
I've really enjoyed doing the blankets, but I'm having a hard time finishing them, edging them. I'd really like to do a scallopy edge like is on a blanket I grew up with, but I don't know how. I have enough trouble crocheting squares and rectangles of single-stitches! I've been working on two; one is as big as I want it but I can't do the edge, so the yarns are still attached to it waiting while I work on the second. I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those projects that get started but never finished.

2 Comments:

  • Sarah, April fools day is over. You almost gave me a heart attack. Surely there is somebody who can teach you to do the scallopy edge?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 AM, April 04, 2006  

  • Google for crochet edgings, Sarah. There are tons of sites with all kinds of great stitches.

    My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 7. I taught myself to knit about 4 years ago. I crocheted my oldest granddaughter's christening gown and have a couple of really beautiful heirloom-type patterns.

    By Blogger rita, at 12:20 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home