Sarah's Thoughts

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Horrors. . . of Dating?


My last post made me start thinking about dating. I think that worst date stories are hilarious. Probably the worst one that I have ever heard was told to me by a classmate. Her boyfriend’s house had burned up, so his family was renting another (expensive) home in the neighborhood. While his parents were out of the country, he invited her over to make dinner and watch a movie. While they were making dinner the burglar alarm went off and they left the kitchen to investigate. While they were figuring out why the burglar alarm went off, another alarm went off: the fire alarm. Yes, they caught the kitchen on fire, and ended up losing most of the roof over the kitchen, and a couple of walls.
I have quite a dating horror story myself, but I think I’ll save it for another day…

2 Comments:

  • Sarah, first of all, going for a long time without a date is (a) a lot more common than you may think and (b) probably a good sign that you're choosy about who you date. Goodness knows I went for very long periods without a date. I got married at 31 and probably should have waited longer! I was almost 37 when I had my first child and that's worked out well, too.

    I had a couple of horrible dates because I dated a couple of guys I didn't like that much. I went out with them because I was worried that I was too picky and that I'd better date somebody. Sheesh. Not a great idea.

    But at least I never burned half a house down!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 12:13 AM, March 06, 2006  

  • yes, it's important to talk to your kids about the kitchen early, perhaps bringing up the subject when they ask 'where's dinner come from?' otherwise they get ideas from their friends like 'dinner comes from the delivery guy' or 'dinner comes out a box'. Then when they actually experiment with 'cooking' themselves ,instead of maybe just using the microwave or the toaster oven, they will try to go 'all the way' to baking or, God forbid, broiling, leading to disasters you describe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home