Sarah's Thoughts

Wednesday, February 08, 2006



Rhymes With Orange is probably my favorite comic strip because I can relate to it so well, and to today's strip in particular. There was one a few months ago that was so like an experience I had that I wish I'd saved it. It was of a woman opening her freezer and being attacked by falling frozen bananas. She then decides that it would be a good time to bake banana bread for "the entire [church] congregation." I had a roommate for the past year that would buy bananas, never eat them before they turned brown, and then put the icky banans in the freezer. It got to be that every time I opened the freezer bananas would fall out. I threw away any banana that dared to land on my feet. She moved out the the day before the strip ran and I was finally able to throw all the bananas away and reclaim space for food that belonged there, like frozen potstickers and ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home